Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
3. We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith are we saved (John 3:16-21; John 5:24;Romans 3:23, 5:8, 9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28, 29).
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12, 13; Galatians 3:26-28).
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13, 14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19, 20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
8. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. That God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. That God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage (Genesis 2:18-25; 1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4).
9. We believe that God creates each person as male or female. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person (Genesis 1:26-27).